CORE SKILL SETS
- Integrated Marketing & PR
- Brand Ambassador
- Lead Generation
- Customer Service Excellence
- Project/Team Management
- Data Mining/Behavior Profiles
- KPI/ROI Performance
- PPC/Paid Placement
- Web Design/SEO/UX
- Social Media
SDSU UNIVERSITY RELATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT
Director of Communications (11/13 – present)
- Identify and qualify prospects, create specialized messages and analyze behavior for engagement and conversion: President’s Leadership Fund campaign returned $30,000.
- Manage marketing and communications to support large-scale projects and events for SDSU’s President, Vice President and Provost, aligning with the strategic plan and brand promise.
- Oversee/train staff to use email automation tools and best practices.
- Lead URAD’s divisional message board, creating guidelines, use and procedures.
Asst. Director, Web and Digital Marketing (08/13 – 11/13)
- Managed email automation and data mining for all alumni outreach.
- Created custom dashboards to drive ongoing marketing, event and program decisions.
- Assisted Blackbaud site transfer, email campaigns and list management.
- Managed surveys to drive event planning and campaign decisions.
EDGEWAVE WEB SECURITY
ONLINE MARKETING MANAGER (05/11 – 07/13)
- Produced integrated online marketing campaigns within a $1.2M yearly budget.
- Ran multi-pronged campaigns that earned $3M from $300k spend: 900% ROI.
- Grew the prospect database from 40k to 230k.
- Oversaw PR efforts, keyword-specific releases, submissions, tracking of placement/impact.
- Lead for Salesforce implementation, training, marketing dashboards with target KPIs.
- Designed Marketo automation strategies: A/B/C testing, drip campaigns, event/webinars.
- Created lead scoring, routing, tracking, reporting, sales team enablement.
- Drove strong focus in revenue performance tracking, ROI matrix.
- Executed data-driven strategies: email, ad placement, SEO, PPC/retargeting, video, webinars, digital trade shows, list purchases and social media campaigns.
SDSU COLLEGE OF EXTENDED STUDIES
TECHNOLOGY MARKETING SPECIALIST (02/07-05/11)
- Managed integrated marketing strategies to drive student recruitment for 35 programs.
- Increased brand awareness, leads and conversion with SEO, PPC, social, viral, PR, email automation, CTA materials, Google Analytics.
- Administered Intelliworks CRM/Automation: customization, onboarding and management.
- Supervised employees and lead multiple projects guiding marketing team.
- Conceptualized/created marketing’s online Project Management System, improved communication and efficiency – won 2010 UPCEA Gold Award.
- Initiated and managed web video production for CES and ALI.
- Created CES’s first blog, first infographic and all PPC campaigns in Google, Facebook and Baidu, increasing traffic and student recruitment.
SDCCD NORTH CITY CENTER
ONLINE MARKETING INSTRUCTOR (01/06 – 02/07)
- Created 8-course curriculum, taught SEO/SEM; most popular program, maxed attendance.
LOTUS HOUSE ARTS WEB TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
MARKETING CONSULTANT (02/98 – 01/06)
- Managed full-service online marketing company for over 1,000 users and 100 companies.
- Implemented online campaigns for SEO, PPC, design and email marketing.
- Created content for online PR efforts, that improved brand recognition and reputation.
- Designed database-driven features: shopping carts, forums blogs, image galleries and content management systems.
WEBSITE DESIGNER (11/97 –02/98)
- Initiated and managed online marketing department.
- Trained production team.
WEBSITE DESIGNER (03/96 – 11/97)
- Created business plan for new web design and SEO department, managed budget.
- Oversaw design team in creating content-targeted web sites to increase traffic and sales.
- Web Analytics Certificate, University of British Columbia, 2012
- BFA, University of Kansas, 1994
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & ACCOLADES
- Volunteer for SDSU Aztec Mentor Program, 2013-present
- Member of CASE, 2013-present
- Instructor for SDSU Digital Media Program: SEO and Web Marketing, 2010
- Recipient of UPCEA Gold Marketing Award, 2010
- Board Member of UPCEA National Marketing Conference, 2009-2011
- Presenter at UPCEA Marketing Conferences, 2009 and 2011